TrueCAD hereby declares that all our software products and technologies are 100% Genuine & Legal. All the source codes are genuinely developed either by us or our Technology Partners without infringing copyrights of any third party companies or agencies.
Below are some the important links to know about DWG file specification:
- Know about the history of DWG file formats here (Wikipedia article on .dwg files).
- File extensions cannot be patented or trademarks. Read this article.
- DWG File specification is openly published by ODA on their portal. TrueCAD is based on IntelliCAD Techology which is based on ODA Tiegha Libraries to read and write DWG and DXF files.
- TrueCAD is developed on top of IntelliCAD Technology Consortium (ITC) CAD engine which is a USA based member-driven non-profit Organization. Read more about IntelliCAD here.
- TrueCAD is not a substitute for any other CAD software. It is an independant general purpose DWG and DXF creation and editing software
- Saving of previously corrupted or counterfeit drawing files in TrueCAD will not help. TrueCAD is not responsible for handling any unauthorized or illegal drawings in it. The user has to take complete responsibility.
- TrueCAD is not holding any copyrights on DWG and DXF names or file specifications. They belong to respective copyright owners.
- TrueCAD is neither connected to Autodesk® nor its Affliates.
- Buying TrueCAD is not a solution if you are in legal dispute with any other company.
TrueCAD users must agree to the License Terms which are included along with the software. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before installing the software. Any violation of terms and conditions will be considered seriously and will result in permanent blockage of your licenses without any notice. One license must be used only in one computer at any given point of time.