New Features in TrueCAD IntelliCAD 10.1a
- OpenGL is now the default graphics device and is faster and more stable than OpenGL ES. For enhanced visual styles and line smoothing, you can still switch to OpenGL ES using the status bar, the GRAPHICSCONFIG command, or on the Options > Display tab, click Graphics Performance.
Working with files
- Open and create sheet sets (.dst files) to help organize and publish collections of layouts from multiple drawings.
- Import .pdf files with many more options.
- Import point data from .csv and .txt files.
- Import map files of the following formats: ESRI® shapefiles (.shp), Autodesk® .sdf, and Spatial® .sqlite.
- Insert and work with geographic maps by specifying a .kml/.kmz file, latitude and longitude, or current location.
- Specify where to back up temporary drawing files that are saved when a document or the program closes.
- Drag and drop point cloud files to the drawing window.
- For IntelliCAD versions that support working with BIM files:
- Import Autodesk® Revit® 2021 files.
- Specify AEC drawing units on the Drawing Units > Linear tab of the Drawing Settings dialog box.
- Create a beam using a new option for converting an existing entity to the beam path.
- Determine the smoothness (level of detail) of curves in BIM underlays created from .rvt files.
- For IntelliCAD versions that support markup for .dgn files in their native format:
- Open and regenerate files using multi-threading.
- Use multi-model support.
- Cross-reference external references from one model to another.
- Use DGN global origin.
- Use newly implemented Layout, Spell, Find, Clip Xref, Purge and -Purge, Attribute Definition (improvements and the command line version), and Edit Attribute commands.
- Create .dgn drawings using new 2D file templates: Icad-imperial-2d.dgn, Icad-metric-2d.dgn.
- Create 2D objects in 2D models: Line 2D, Arc 2D, Ellipse 2D, Mtext 2D, and Text 2D.
- The Stretch command now supports images, leaders, blocks, multiline text, and polylines.
- Open and save external color tables (.tbl files).
- From the Windows Start menu, use IntelliCAD’s Restore Default Settings tool to backup and reset default program settings.
- In the Customize User Interface dialog box, sort the command list according to the source menu group.
- The status bar displays an external reference icon when an external reference is attached to the current drawing. Use the icon to access the Xref Manager command and to reload external references.
- The status bar can display geographic coordinates.
- Each drawing window has its own minimize, maximize, and close buttons.
- Use the Customize Aliases command to edit aliases.
- Press the Tab and Arrow keys to navigate the Properties pane.
- Use several new contextual menu enhancements for arrays, tables, multiline text and others.